Slow Cooker Veggie Omelette – Get your Christmas Day started right with a delicious and simple breakfast omelette cooked in the crock pot! Place all ingredients in the Slow Cooker and fuhgeddaboudit!
MY official Christmas Eve is on January 6th. I have enough time to think about that outfit. Buuuut, that’s not to say that I won’t be joining you all with a huge Christmas Eve Dinner tonight. You better believe that I also have a Bacon and Cheese Brussels Sprouts Casserole to nibble on, Lemon Shrimp and Spinach Spaghetti to taste, and that Coffee and Chocolate Almond Toffee to devour.
Also, and just to be fair to you all, I’ve got “1” Christmas present to open up tomorrow. I’m leaving the rest for the 1st of January. Macedonian tradition is to open up your presents on New Year’s Day. However, and speaking from experience, I bet we will open up all of the presents tomorrow morning…
So to ease my Christmas morning, and to free up my stovetop and oven, Mr. Crock Pot is used for our breakfast/brunch menu while I clean up the gift-wrapping mess.
Side note: Two or three years ago I decided to make a Christmas Punch in the crock pot instead of breakfast-food, and everyone chewed my head off! They loved the punch, but were looking forward to a cheesy omelette,Lesson.Learned.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2-cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder, or to taste
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- shredded cheddar cheese
- chopped tomatoes
- chopped onions
- fresh parsley
- Lightly grease the inside of the slow cooker/crock pot with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder and chili powder
- using egg beaters or a whisk, beat the mixture until mixed and well combined.
- Add broccoli florets, sliced peppers, onions and garlic to the slow cooker; stir in the egg-mixture.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours. Start checking at 1 hour 30 minutes. Omelette is done when eggs are set.
You can find complete recipes of this SLOW COOKER VEGGIE OMELETTE in diethood.com