This Slow Cooker Garlic Parmesan Chicken Stew is bound to be your new favorite winter comfort food! It’s hearty, creamy, cheesy and loaded with vegetables! The crockpot makes it an easy weeknight meal. Includes a how-to recipe video
You guys, I love hearty, creamy, winter comfort food. I can’t get enough I love it so much that I probably eat more stew and soup in the summer than your average person, especially considering our summers are a little on the short side here (you’d think I’d want to take advantage of our shorter grilling season!).
I was struggling with trying to decide what to make for you this month with these gorgeous Chilean Splash Little Potatoes. I had thought about maybe a traditional beef stew or pot roast, and while those would have both been super delicious, this creamy garlic Parmesan chicken version takes the cake.
It’s loaded with chicken, veggies (I used carrots, celery, onion, and obviously potatoes, but feel free to add in your favorites! Broccoli or mushrooms would be great too), and smothered in the creamiest garlic Parmesan sauce.
- 1 lb Little Potatoes (I used Chilean Splash), halved or quartered if large
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- ½ medium onion, finely chopped
- 3-4 large carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ⅔ cup cream or milk
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Add potatoes, chicken, celery, onion, carrots, garlic, salt, parsley, thyme, pepper, and broth to a 4-6 quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours or until chicken is cooked through and potatoes are tender
- (this could take up to 6 hours depending on the temperature of your slow cooker — cutting them smaller will speed up cooking time).
You can find complete recipes of this SLOW COOKER GARLIC PARMESAN CHICKEN STEW + VIDEO in thereciperebel.com