These Puffy Tacos are my new favorite way to eat tacos. They were SO good! We dipped them in some salsa, ranch dip and a combination of the two. These Puffy Tacos taste great right out of the oven or at room temperature. We even reheated the leftovers for lunch the next day. They tasted great every time.
There are only 5 ingredients in these Puffy Tacos and they only take a few minutes to assemble. The best part about these Puffy Tacos is that you can assemble them ahead of time and freeze them unbaked for later. Perfect for tailgating and holiday parties!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 (10oz) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, drained
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 (17.3-oz) package puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 400. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain.
- Add taco seasoning, diced tomatoes and green chiles and water. Simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Unfold pastry sheets. Cut each sheet into 9 squares.
- Arrange taco meat down diagonal center of the pastry squares. Sprinkle with some of the shredded cheddar cheese. Fold two opposite corners of each square over the filling and press edges to seal.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Bake 15-18 minutes, until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.
You can find complete recipes of this Puffy Tacos (Football Friday) in plainchicken.com