A simple recipe for sweet and creamy Homemade White Hot Chocolate that is ready in minutes! See how easy it is in the video below.
We are in full-on Christmas mode around here. Our kids are really into Christmas, and we are having a blast. We’ve been going on walks to see lights, reading holiday books, decorating cookies, writing letters to Santa, and indulging in way too much hot chocolate. It’s so much fun!
Jake and Juliette have been requesting hot chocolate on a daily basis. And although I’d love to give in to their every request for “something warm to drink … that has MARSHMALLOWS!!!”, I’m trying to limit our hot chocolate consumption to a few times per week. This year we have been enjoying white hot chocolate. It is so decadent and delicious.
This hot chocolate is a cinch to whip up, which means you can make as much or as little as you need. Just heat some milk, white chocolate and vanilla extract and it’s done. Since there are so few ingredients it is important to use good quality white chocolate. I like Guittard or Ghirardelli white chocolate chips, or a chopped Lindt chocolate bar.
- 4 cups milk
- 1 cup good quality white chocolate chips or chopped white chocolate I use Guittard or Ghirardelli
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch salt optional
- Optional garnishes: white chocolate chips, white chocolate shavings, marshmallows, whipped cream, candy canes
- Place the milk, white chocolate, vanilla and a pinch of salt (if using) in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk continuously over medium-low heat, until the chocolate has melted and the mixture is smooth (do not boil). Serve immediately.
You can find complete recipes of this HOMEMADE WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE in celebratingsweets.com