I have to apologize for the massive amounts of Mexican food I’ve been posting lately, but I just can’t help myself. 😉 (and no I’m not pregnant!) This Crock Pot Queso Blanco Dip is one of the latest recipes we enjoyed and it was spectacular!
Warm gooey white cheese with green chilies slow cooks in the crock pot. This stuff is really really amazing. I made it the same day we had our Honey Lime Chicken Tacos, and boy oh boy, we were happy eaters that day. I actually poured a little of this cheese on my taco and was loving every bite. Of course, it was yummy dipping tortilla chips in it too.
Since this recipe makes a lot we saved some in the fridge for the next day and it was just as good! All you’ll need to do is heat it in the microwave with a little milk. Easy peasy!
- 1 (8 ounce) block regular cream cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 pound white american cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes (found in deli)
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
- 1/2 Tablespoon jalepenos, minced fine (optional)
- 3-4 Tablespoons milk
- 2 Tablespoons cilantro, chopped fine (optional)
- Tortilla Chips, for serving
- Combine the cream cheese, american cheese, butter, green chiles and jalepenos in a greased crock pot.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 1 hour. Stir the mixture until well combined and then add a Tablespoon of milk at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Cook for another 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is completely melted and combined.
- Keep cheese dip in crock pot on the warm setting until ready to serve.
You can find complete recipes of this CROCK POT QUESO BLANCO DIP in life-in-the-lofthouse.com