Do you ever get a craving for some home cooking that you grew up with? No matter how strange or ridiculously processed the cooking happened to be?
Well, these Classic Ground Beef Tacos are for all of you that grew up with a taco night that consisted of taco shells from a yellow box and mystery taco seasoning from a packet. Whipping up your own ground beef seasoning will give you a reliable taco option that you can use to quickly satisfy a hunger for the days of yore.
CHIPOTLE GROUND BEEF TACOS RECIPE AND INGREDIENTS
- These can also be made muy rapido with very little planning involved, so it’s a perfect go-to meal after a long day of all work and no tacos.
- I’ll list everything out using 1/2 lb. of ground beef (usually enough for two people), but you can easily double or triple the recipe.
- Start by cooking a roughly chopped 1/2 onion for a few minutes, then add the ground beef.
- Cook over medium-high heat until browned. Depending on the cut of beef, you can drain off some fat at this point if you want.Add a minced clove of garlic and briefly saute while you gather the other dry ingredients, I usually cut off any visible stem and remove some of the inner veins and seeds.
- Mince up the chipotle and add to the beef along with 1 tablespoon of the adobo sauce from the can.We’ll also add 1 Tablespoon of chili powder. I’m using a crushed New Mexican red chile, but nearly any chili powder will do here.
- 1/2 lb . ground beef
- 6-8 corn tortillas
- 1/2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 chipotle in adobo
- 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder (I used crushed New Mexican)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- dash cumin (optional)
- dash oregano (optional)
- dash black pepper
- 2 tomatoes
- fresh lettuce
- Monterey Jack cheese (or Mozzarella)
- guacamole (optional)
- Roughly chop 1/2 onion
- Saute onion in a dollop of oil over medium-high heat for a few minutes
- Add ground beef and cook until browned
- Drain any fat if you want
- Add 1 clove minced garlic and saute briefly
- Add 1 minced chipotle and 1 Tablespoon adobo sauce
- Add 1 Tablespoon chili powder (I used New Mexican)
- You can optionally add dashes of cumin, oregano and black pepper
You can find complete recipes of this CLASSIC GROUND BEEF HARDSHELL TACOS in mexicanplease.com