It is a dangerous thing when I walk into Whole Foods…
I literally think I could stay in there for hours (or days) and I definitely have a tendency to go in for one thing and leave with a whole cart full of unnecessary (but so very necessary) ingredients, snacks, and treats..
But c’mon you can’t blame me.. They have so so sooo many different food items to chose from…
Which brings me to stuffed portobello mushrooms..
I found these little gems in the produce section of Whole Foods, already stuffed and just waiting to be cooked up in my oven. I immediately brought them home, heated them up, and it was love at first bite.
I never really had eaten a whole portobello mushroom – nor had I ever wanted to – but who knew when stuffed with super yummy ingredients, such as spinach, peppers, and LOTS of cheese, they would be one of the best side dishes or meals ever to be placed on the table.
- 2 large or 4 mini portobello mushroom caps
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 box frozen spinach, thawed
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- Red pepper chili flakes
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Clean portobello mushroom caps under water and pat dry.
- In a large saucepan, add a little drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and heat over medium heat.
- Add onion to saucepan and cook until they are translucent, about 7 minutes.
- Add spinach, garlic, and red chili flakes and cook for a couple minutes, until all is mixed together and heated through.
- Divide the filling into two servings and stuff the mushrooms. Pat the filling down into the mushrooms so it gets in every nook and cranny…
- Top each mushroom with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese please.
- Place cookie sheet in oven and cook for about 10-15 minutes until mushrooms are cooked through.
- Turn your broiler on to high and allow the cheese to melt all over the mushrooms! Serve immediately and enjoy 🙂
You can find complete recipes of this Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms in cookininheels.blogspot.co.id