I’ve got a fabulous Biscuits and Gravy with Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole recipe to share with you today.
This breakfast casserole is perfect for lazy Sunday mornings with the family and it’s even better when doubled for large groups. Bonus: the recipe can be assembled the night before for practically no morning prep!
Did I mention I hosted Thanksgiving week for my family this year? The deal was, hubby and I went on a trip the week prior to thanksgiving and my parents would stay at our house and take care of the kids. Then after returning from the trip, I would host our family for Thanksgiving… So yes, 28 people for the Thanksgiving meal plus 12 – 19 overnight guests spread throughout the week and weekend! (Lots of kids though, so it wasn’t too difficult to squeezing them in.)
I’m sure you can imagine the amount of food we went through. My Dad had this Biscuits and Gravy with Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole recipe saved (that’s a mouthful isn’t it, lol.) and wanted to make it for everyone Thursday morning. He assembled the casserole at his house (a triple batch) and brought it to my kitchen to bake. The casserole was an absolute hit with even the pickiest little eaters!
- 12 ounces of buttermilk biscuit dough (we used Grands, which are slightly bigger)
- 6 eggs
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
- 1 lb sausage, any flavor
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 pan
- Brown the sausage in skillet and drain thoroughly.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1″ pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces,
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
You can find complete recipes of this BISCUITS AND GRAVY WITH SAUSAGE AND EGG BREAKFAST CASSEROLE in scatteredthoughtsofacraftymom.com